If during the rules, pain prevents him from going to college, high school, and resists a simple antalgic, it can be a sign of a pain.
Some people have often mistakenly thought that endometriosis concerns only adult women. However, when asked about their symptoms and a history of pain, women recount episodes of very painful rules during adolescence.
When do you worry?
- If the pain resists the taking of a basic antalgic (paracetamol type) or an antispasmodic (spasfon type)
- If she returns to each cycle and increases
- If it leads to school absenteeism
- The sooner the endometriosis is diagnosed, the better the quality of life and fertility can be preserved. Some forms of endometriosis are "superficial" and stabilize or even regress in 1/3 of cases.
- Talk to a doctor who can confirm or infirm the diagnosis (to be directed to a doctor who knows endometriosis, contact your regional representatives). Whatever the form of endometriosis, soft medicines are a true support for medical follow-up: visceral physiotherapy, osteopathy, relaxation, acupuncture, adapted physical activity, nutrition...).
- Keep in mind that NO, the pain that prevents action in everyday life is not normal and that NO, endometriosis is not “a fashionable disease.”. She's real.
What are the main risk factors?
- Having its first rules before 12 years: the more cycles and the more endometriosis, if it exists, could develop.
- Having a member of his close family with endometriosis: a young girl whose mother has endometriosis has 5 times more risk of developing, she too, an endometriosis.
THE DIAGNOSTIC OF ADOLESCENCE
He relies mainly on interrogation
It will focus on checking the intensity of pain and its impact on quality of life. The doctor’s examination must check whether the pain is cyclical, whether it responds to basic antalgic treatment or requires the use of inflammatory, if it generates academic absenteeism.
Clinical examination is not mandatory
Clinical examination is not mandatory because it is often “poor”, reveals nothing and is not possible if the girl has not yet had sex.
Imaging is not mandatory either
At this age, endometriosis lesions can be too small to be visible. If an ultrasound (or an MRI) is to be done, it must be performed by a radiologist who knows endometriosis.
THE WORK OF THE ENDOMIRE FOR ADOLESCENTS
In case of suspected or proven endometriosis, the doctor will propose antalgic treatment and hormone treatment (often a continuous estroprogestative pill) in order to obtain an amenorrhea (no rules, not to be confused with artificial menopause).
Melorrhea is intended to relieve pain by avoiding the development of endometriosis. Sometimes you have to try several treatments because there must be no side effects (or at least possible).
Some forms of endometriosis remain “surfacellous” and stabilize, or even regress and do not require treatment. Other forms evolve and are invalid on a daily basis.
- Young girls who suffer at the time of the rules do not all have endometriosis!
- This alerts: the cyclic character of pain, its resistance to a basic antalgic (paracetamol type) or an antispasmodic (type Spasfon), the fact that it leads to school absenteeism.
- The continuous pill is the basic treatment of endometriosis when symptoms are embarrassing on a daily basis. Soft therapies (osteopathy, yoga, relaxation and acupuncture, but also specific physiotherapy, sophrology or hypnosis, anti-inflammatory diet) are recommended to help improve quality of life.
- Echography, MRI, surgery (if necessary and as late as possible) must be done by doctors who know endometriosis.
To be oriented and read more: https://www.endofrance.org/nous-contacter/nos-representantes-region/